Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I've gone out on dates with girls and said to them, 'Well, I've done two Ironmans'," said Polden. " ... They don't even have a clue. And then when you explain it to them, they ... say, 'All in one day?' And Kelly can appreciate that.

Well, here goes. I’m 31 years old. Always wanted to say years young but it just sounds funny. So, that being said, I’m 31 years old. I’m a poet and attempted novelist teaching writing at a local college. Because I’m an adjunct I also sling lattes at Starbucks. I could go into greater detail, but this is supposed to be a profile, a snapshot. I was married for eight months to a devout Christian woman who denounced god. Been divorced for two years; people keep telling me it’s nice to see me again, like I’ve been gone away in the mountains or something. Sometimes I say, it’s nice to be back.

1 comment: