Friday, September 24, 2010

"You'd think there would be a wide array of films available, but, fact is, many of them are owned by the big studios or they are public domain and, therefore, lucky to find in one piece."

I make it a point to have a bath on my first night in the tub where I imagine a young woman has died.  Her beautiful brown eyes never close.  After opening all four windows in the apartment I light four candles, one on either side of the oval mirror so that when I look into it I’m not alone.  Two are burning at the foot end of the tub, one by either foot.  I light a cigarette and watch the reflections on the ceiling.  They remind me of a film I watched with Sarah on our third date.   
After eating we turn on this French horror film I hear is high tension.  We watch sister shower.  A young blond masturbates to David Bowie.  Then a dog is beaten to death with a rock.  Mother and brother are asleep.  The doorbell rings.  Father answers and is stabbed in his chest, falls backward and begins crawling upstairs.  His head is crushed between two banisters and then severed from the neck by a rolling armoire. 
By the time mother’s arm is cut off, Sarah and I are kissing and touching and we never actually see when she is beaten to death with the bloody stump.  The little boy is shot in a cornfield and we can barely keep our eyes off each other.  When sister is kidnapped my hand is between her legs and her teeth are cutting at my neck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment