Tuesday, September 21, 2010

“The question was, would the kids get to know and understand each other?” asked May. “Would the exchange do many of the same things that a physical exchange would, without the expense and carbon footprint?”

Alice is a student in Buffalo while I am a teacher.  She is never one of my students though.  I justify the sex because I meet her at a Starbucks function, where we are both part-time employees, and figure it is open territory and our teacher-student relationship can be chalked up to coincidence.  We flirt when I order my beverage.  She is young and deceptive and has eyes, that in retrospect I know, I should have known better. 
After the meeting my manager and some other partners walk to Gallagher’s for beer to wash off the propaganda.  Alice is there watching the Sabres shit the bed yet again.  She joins us during intermission and sits next to me while we discuss Iggy Pop, Jack Spicer, and how shitty Buffalo really is.  She plays with my hand under the table and I am immediately hooked.  That night we make out on her futon in the college party house she lives in.  I look around to make sure there aren’t any of my students present. 
After she tells me she’s not going to sleep with me, she stands up shirtless in jeans her hair waving over her shoulders.  Under candlelight I say, “Stop, I want to remember this.” 
I’ve never forgotten.      

1 comment:

  1. Get rid of the last line, I don't want to know the moral of the story.

    ReplyDelete