Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Paper Mill Playhouse is excited to provide patrons with a brand new, interactive website. The imaginative design pays homage to the innate creativity of our theatre," says Mark S. Hoebee, Producing Artistic Director of Paper Mill Playhouse. "The focus of the website is to help visitors get what they need more efficiently."

Tell me about the dream where we wake in between notebook
pages you and I, the two kinds of decay,
synchronous with a deserving narrative.
            It begins with you kneeling over the creek behind my childhood
home flicking water with your middle finger
            reassuring me that it was alright to go back,
            and to say things reminiscent of regret
like,
            “His spirit told me to keep it a secret,” and that “Her body
told a short
                        short
story.”
            In the backyard by the unhinged screen door you kissed me
                        and squeezed my fatty triceps
                        and said, “I think I’ll stay the night, for you.”
            I said, “I thought that would be alright,” and that
                        I’d make up the sofa.
            I had been living alone so long that
            later I pissed with the door open
                        and you walked through the hallway to the kitchen
                        nearly spattering your original Yoplait
                        all over the picture of my mother standing
                                                              behind my father resting
                                    her hands nervously sweet
                                    over his cocked shoulders.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment