Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"That video was so much fun," Pepa says. "People wanna know what it means. 'Shoop' is whatever you want it to mean. You just shooping around. Just shoop!"

Let’s talk about mix tapes. 
Salt n’ Peppa’s “Let’s Talk About Sex” gives me an erection every time I hear it.  It comes on the radio, on MTV, and at school dances.  I can’t believe they play it at school dances.  But they do, and then we dance, and they we actually talk about sex.  Christ it is so exciting to talk about sex.  There are so many mysteries under frill and lace, the new protrusion of breasts and erections, and the perplexing, exhilarated desire to touch.  
My best friend lives across the street and is close family friends with three young girls from North Buffalo.  Their mothers are best friends so dinner and drinks are common.  Every time they come over he invites me and we listen to Blacks’ Magic over and over again.
The oldest one, the one with only one hand, always insists on playing truth or dare, inevitably leading to heated conversations. 
What’s the farthest you’ve ever gone?  I dare you to go into the closet together.  I dare you to show me yours. 
The youngest girl always leaves, angry at the one with one hand because she goes too far. 
Inevitably my father calls me home as I close in on the one with one hand.  I beg to stay and he usually refuses. 
When it comes to sex at a young age, you never know what is going to happen next.  The only certainty is that your worst tube sock is going to by crusted shut by morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment